Terms and Conditions for Research Study Participation
SchoolCEO research informed consent
The following terms and conditions (“Terms“) apply to and govern your participation in all research studies conducted by SchoolCEO, the school marketing magazine operated by Apptegy, Inc. (“SchoolCEO”). PLEASE NOTE THAT PARTICIPATION IN THE STUDY CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS. If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not participate in the Study.
1. Definitions. When used in these Terms, the following terms have the following meanings:
“Participant” means any individual who participates in a Study.
“Study” means any research study conducted by SchoolCEO, including, but not limited to, interviews, polls, surveys, questionnaires, etc.
“Submission” means any responses, comments, suggestions, ideas, and other information submitted, shared, or disclosed by a Participant.
“We,” “us,” and “our” mean SchoolCEO.
“You” and “your” mean you as a Participant.
2. Conditions for Participation; Eligibility. By participating in a Study, you agree to provide true and complete information in your Submission. We reserve the right to void any Submission that we believe in our sole discretion is unreliable for any reason, including untrue or incomplete Submissions. We reserve the right to verify eligibility of all Participants. We reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend any Study. Your participation in any Study is voluntary.
3. Confidentiality; License to Use. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to keep confidential and not disclose personal information about Participants that is collected or received from Submissions, except as required by law or as permitted by these Terms and/or with express consent. Participants will not be personally identified unless we request, and the Participant provides, express consent to be personally identified. We will minimize risks of unauthorized disclosure of personal information by collecting, using, and retaining personal information in accordance with our privacy and security practices explained at www.apptegy.com/privacy-policy.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Participant’s Submission constitutes Participant’s irrevocable consent to SchoolCEO and our affiliated entities, representatives, and agents to use Participant’s Submission subject to these Terms, in perpetuity and worldwide, without further authorization, notice, opportunity to review, approval, or compensation of any kind, and for all purposes, including commercial purposes, all in our sole discretion. Each Participant releases SchoolCEO and our affiliated entities, representatives, and agents from all liability related thereto. Nothing contained in these Terms obligates SchoolCEO to make use of any of the rights granted in these Terms. Except as expressly set out in these Terms, all uses of information collected from a Study, including Submissions, will be in SchoolCEO’s sole discretion.
4. Intellectual Property. We may use your Submission in SchoolCEO video, audio, digital, and written materials. This may include our digital magazine, our printed materials, our website(s) and social media account(s), our podcast(s) and webcast(s), and any other form of media or communication that we choose to publish now or in the future (collectively, “SchoolCEO Media”). Some SchoolCEO Media will be publicly available; some will be used privately. We will not always use your Submission in its complete form; we may use only portions of your Submission. To do this, we may edit your Submission from its original form. Any time we modify your Submission, we will do our best to maintain the original language and context of your Submission as we understand it. We will not intentionally edit your Submission to imply language or context that was not in the original. For example, we will not use your Submission for explicit product endorsements without your consent; however, your Submission may be included in SchoolCEO Media that is used in connection with sales and marketing communications, and in SchoolCEO Media that is sold or otherwise used for commercial purposes. We may not use your Submission at all.
SchoolCEO is and will be the exclusive owner of all SchoolCEO Media. This includes all copyright and other related rights. By participating in a Study, you irrevocably grant SchoolCEO all rights, title, and interests (including copyright) in your Submission. You may re-use and re-post SchoolCEO Media that includes your Submission, provided you must use and post the material in its original form. Editing of SchoolCEO Media is prohibited without our prior written approval.
5. No Compensation; Prizes. Participants will not receive compensation. In some Studies, one or more Participants may be selected to receive a prize (for example: a gift card to a coffee shop). Winners of prizes will be selected from the pool of eligible Participants in a random drawing. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Submissions received for the Study. All Submissions will have the same statistical odds to win. NO PURCHASE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Not every Study will feature a prize. Prizes are in the sole discretion of SchoolCEO. Prizes are not exchangeable for money or other prizes.
6. Submission Requirements. By participating in a Study, you make the following representations and warranties to us: (i) your Submission contains true and complete information and is your voluntary choice; (ii) if making a Submission on behalf of another person or an entity, you have express permission and authority to enter the Submission on behalf of that individual or entity, and the individual or entity has notice of the Submission; (iii) your Submission does not contain obscene, profane, defamatory, unlawful, or inappropriate content; (iv) your Submission does not violate the privacy or other rights of any person; (v) your Submission does not copy or otherwise plagiarize information from another person; and (vi) you agree to abide by these Terms. Any Submission that does not meet the requirements of this section will be void.
7. Limitation of Liability. Participation in a Study is exclusively at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, SchoolCEO and our affiliated entities, representatives, and agents will not be responsible or otherwise liable to you for any reason for any damages or losses of any kind related to a Study, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages.
8. Contact. If you have questions about a Study, please contact SchoolCEO at 2201 Brookwood Drive, Suite 115, Little Rock, AR 72202, firstname.lastname@example.org