SEL Resources from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence
Articles, webinars, and courses to help your teachers learn how to recharge.
In our most recent issue, we highlight research from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence (YCEI) suggesting that teachers need social-emotional learning (SEL) just as much as students do. Of course, SEL is a complicated topic, one we couldn't comprehensively cover in a single article. That's why we're sharing this list of SEL resources compiled by the YCEI team.
*currently available only to employees of schools, districts, or education centers in the state of Connecticut
- Supporting School Community Wellness with Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) During and After a Pandemic – The Pennsylvania State University
- SEL Roadmap for Reopening Schools – CASEL
- How We Go Back to School – EdWeek’s Special Report
- Anti-Racist Resources from the Greater Good Science Center
- Cultivating Resilience Through Physical Health and Habits of the Mind – YCEI
- Leading Difficult Conversations with Emotional Intelligence – YCEI
- Supporting Teachers and Parents of Students with Special Education Needs with SEL – YCEI
- Managing Anxiety Around COVID-19 Tipsheet – YCEI
- E-Learning Tools for Educators Transitioning to Distance Education – YCEI
- Social, Emotional, and Academic Development Through an Equity Lens – The Education Trust
- Revised SEL Integration Approach – Transforming Education
- Starting an Unprecedented School Year with SEL to Reunite, Renew, and Thrive – CASEL
- CASEL CARES: Leveraging SEL to Reopen and Renew Your School Community, co-hosted with NAESP – CASEL
- Incorporating SEL Into Your District’s Plans for Back-to-School – EdWeek
- Managing Anxiety Around COVID-19: Tips for You & Your School Community – YCEI
- The “Big 7” – Evidence-based Strategies for Regulating Emotions In Uncertain Times – YCEI
- Managing Emotions Through Self-Care & Building Resilience – YCEI
- Helping Children Manage Emotions During Uncertain Times – YCEI
- Coping with Grief and Loss During COVID-19 – YCEI
- SEL Best Practices for Supporting Educators and Students During Distance Learning – YCEI
Thanks to Dr. Christina Cipriano, Assistant Professor at the Yale Child Study Center and Director of Research for the YCEI, for sharing this list with us. Many of these sources were originally listed here.
SchoolCEO is free for K-12 school leaders. Subscribe below to stay connected with us!